Amino L-Glutamine Powder
Digestive and immune support formula
• Supports immune and digestive system health following physical stress
• Restores plasma glutamine levels depleted by physical stress
• Assists in muscle cell repair after exercise
• Provides 4.5 grams of L-glutamine per serving
Glutamine is a conditionally essential amino acid that supports both digestive and immune system health. The majority of glutamine uptake occurs in the small intestine, where glutamine acts as an important energy source for the intestinal mucosa.1 During periods of physical stress, glutamine levels can become depleted, increasing the permeability of the intestinal mucosa. Glutamine supplementation has been shown to support normal digestive function and prevent increased intestinal permeability during periods of physical stress.1,2
Glutamine levels also tend to decrease following prolonged physical exertion, which could impact immune function, as glutamine is a major energy source for certain immune cells. In a clinical study conducted on endurance athletes, glutamine supplementation helped to minimize occurrence of post-exercise infections and increase the ratio of T-helper; T-suppressor cells.3
1. Peng X, Yan H, You Z, Wang P, Wang S. Burns. 2004 Mar;30(2):135-9.
2. Yalçin SS, Yurdakök K, Tezcan I, Oner L. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2004 May;38(5):494-501.
3. Castell LM, Newsholme EA. Nutrition. 1997 Jul-Aug;13(7-8):738-42.
EACH SCOOP (4.5 g) CONTAINS: L-Glutamine . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4.5 g
Recommended Adult Dose: In a glass, add water, juice or milk to one scoop of Amino L-Glutamine Powder and mix. Take two times daily or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner
Risk Information: If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you are following a low protein diet, consult your healthcare practitioner prior to use.