CoQ10 Lipo 100
High-potency coenzyme Q10
• Maintains and supports cardiovascular health
• Reduces the frequency of migraine headaches and associated nausea and vomiting when taken as a prophylactic
• Formulated for enhanced absorption1,2
• An antioxidant for the maintenance of good health
• Vegan formulation
CoQ10 is a fat-soluble nutrient that acts as an electron carrier in the mitochondrial electron transport chain. CoQ10 is also a key intracellular antioxidant, protecting phospholipids and mitrochondrial membranes against damage caused by lipid peroxidation.3
CoQ10 helps to minimize occurrence of migraine headaches, possibly through the promotion of normal mitochondrial function, as mitochondrial dysfunction has been identified as potential contributing factor in migraine pathogenesis. In adult (18-65 years of age) participants with a history of migraines, daily supplementation with 300 mg of CoQ10 was well-tolerated and significantly reduced migraine attack frequency as well as number of days with headaches and nausea in comparison to placebo treatment.4
CoQ10’s antioxidant actions help in the maintenance and support of heart health. In participants supplemented with 300 mg of CoQ10 daily for 1 month, peak VO2, O2 pulse, and extracellular superoxide dismutase (ecSOD) activity were significantly increased in comparison with placebo. Low ecSOD activity is considered a biomarker for high levels of extracellular oxidative stress.5
1. Wahlqvist KL, Wattanapenpaiboon N, Savige GS, Kannar D. Asia Pacific J Clin Nutr. 1998; 7(1): 37-40.
2. Schulz C, Obermüller-Jevic UC, Hasselwander O, Biesalki HK. Int J Food Sci Nutr. 2006; 57(7-8): 546-555.
3. Niklowitz P, Sonnenschein A, Janetzky B, Andler W, Menke T. Int J Biol Sci. 2007; 5;3(4): 257-262.
4. Sandor PS et al.Efficacy of coenzyme Q10 in migraine prophylaxis: A randomized controlled trial. Neurology. 2005; 64: 713-715
5. Tiano L, Belardinelli R, Carnevali P, Principi F, Seddaiu G, Littarru GP. Eur Heart J. 2007; 28(18): 2249-2255
Each capsule contains: Coenzyme Q10 (bacterial fermentation) . . . . . . . . . . . . . .100 mg Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Extra virgin olive oil, hypromellose, silica
Recommended Adult Dose: Migraine Prophylaxsis: Take one capsule two to three times daily, or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner. Use for a minimum of three months to see beneficial effects. Cardiovascular Health and Antioxidant: Take one capsule one to three times daily, or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner
Risk Information: If you are pregnant or breastfeeding or if you are taking blood pressure medication or blood thinners, consult your healthcare practitioner prior to use. If migraine frequency increases and associated nausea and vomiting persist or worsen, consult your healthcare practitioner