- Helps prevent recurrent urinary tract infections (UTI) in women
- Provides 600 mg of cranberry fruit extract daily, equivalent to 21.6 g of fresh cranberries
- Includes 100 mg of vitamin C per recommended dose
- Source of antioxidants to help protect against oxidative damage caused by free radicals
Cranberry Plus capsules contain a concentrated cranberry (Vaccinium macrocarpon) fruit extract that helps to prevent urinary tract infections while improving antioxidant capacity. Approximately 10-20% of women experience one or more incidents of urinary discomfort or UTI each year.1 Cranberries are rich in polyphenol antioxidant compounds such as proanthocyanidins, which reduce the adhesiveness of E. coli bacteria to the uroepithelial cells that line the bladder. In both healthy women and those with a history of bladder infection, supplementation with cranberry extract has been shown to significantly reduce the adhesiveness of two E. coli strains obtained from urine samples.2 Regular cranberry supplementation helps to reduce UTI incidence in women at increased risk of UTI infection and may help to improve lower urinary tract symptoms in men.3,4 Due to their high polyphenol concentration, cranberries have also been shown to reduce oxidative stress in healthy participants and those with metabolic syndrome.5-7
1. Hudson T. Altern Complement Ther. 2006 Dec;12(6):297-302.
2. Tempera G, Corsello S, Genovese C, Caruso FE, Nicolosi D. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2010 Apr-Jun;23(2):611-8.
3. Caljouw MA, van den Hout WB, Putter H, Achterberg WP, Cools HJ, et al. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2014 Jan;62(1):103-10.
4. Vidlar A, Vostalova J, Ulrichova J, Student V, Stejskal D, et al. Br J Nutr. 2010 Oct;104(8):1181-9.
5. Basu A, Betts NM, Ortiz J, Simmons B, Wu M, et al. Nutr Res. 2011 Mar;31(3):190-6.
6. Ruel G, Pomerleau S, Couture P, Lamarche B, Couillard C. Metabolism. 2005 Jul;54(7):856-61.
7. Ruel G, Pomerleau S, Couture P, Lemieux S, Lamarche B, et al. Br J Nutr. 2006 Aug;96(2):357-64.