D3 1000 Vegan
- Produced from a sustainable, non-GMO algal source
- Offers 1,000 IU of vitamin D3 per capsule
- Supports immune system function
- Helps to build strong bones and teeth
D3 1000 Vegan provides 1,000 IU of vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) per capsule. Numerous studies have concluded that vitamin D3 is more effective than vitamin D2 at improving vitamin D status.1,2 Where most plant sources provide vitamin D2, D3 1000 Vegan provides the preferred form of vitamin D (D3) produced from a sustainable, non-GMO algal source. The vitamin D receptor is present in nearly all human cells, demonstrating the important role of vitamin D in supporting good health.3 While it is best recognized for its ability to promote peak bone mass and maintain bone health in the elderly, vitamin D also contributes to healthy immune system function.4 Despite its importance to many physiological functions, many Canadians have inadequate levels of vitamin D.5 This may result from insufficient sun exposure, wearing covering clothes, limited consumption of vitamin D-containing foods, dark skin colour, older age, and low intake of vitamin D supplements.6 With just one convenient capsule daily, this formula helps prevent vitamin D deficiency and supports optimal bone and immune health.References
1. Tripkovic, L, Wilson, LR, Hart, K, Johnsen, S, de Lusignam, S, et al. Am J Clin Nutr 2017; 106:481–90.
2. Tripkovic, L, Lambert, H, Hart, K, Smith, CP, Bucca, G, et al. Am J Clin Nutr 2012; 95:1357–64.
3. Hossein-nezhad, A, Holick, MF. Mayo Clin Proc. 2013; 88(7): 720-55.
4. Saggese, G, Vierucci, F, Boot, AM, Czech-Kowalska, J, Weber, G, et al. Eur J Pediatr. 2015; 174(5): 565-76.
5. Statistics Canada. (2015). Health at a Glance: Vitamin D blood levels of Canadians. Retrieved from: https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/82-625-x/2014001/article/14125-eng.htm
6. van Schoor, NM, Lips P. Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2011; 25(4): 671-80.
EACH CAPSULE CONTAINS: Organic Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol from algae) .............25 mcg (1000 IU) Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Cellulose, hypromellose, ascorbyl palmitate
Recommended Dose: Adult s, Adolescents and Children (6 years and older): Take 1 capsule daily or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner.