HMF Baby Drops
- Helps improve colic symptoms relief in infants such as crying, fussing or irritability
- Provides reduction in crying time and frequency in 7 days
- Effective for both formula-fed and breastfed babies
- Helps support gastrointestinal health
HMF Baby Drops probiotic provides a clinically studied combination of two strains, Bifidobacterium longum subsp. longum (KABP™-042) and Pediococcus pentosaceus (KABP™-041), which help colic symptoms relief in infants such as crying, fussing or irritability. Infant colic, or excessive crying syndrome is a behavioural syndrome in 1- to 5-month-old infants characterized by long periods of crying and hard-to-soothe behaviour.1 Infant colic is classified as a Functional Gastrointestinal Disease (FGID)1 and comprises one of the most common causes of visits to paediatricians during the first 3-4 months of an infant’s life.2 Research has found the gut bacteria of colicky infants to be less diverse than infants, and it has been suggested that the difference in gut microflora plays an important role in the pathogenesis of colic.3 According to a recent clinical trial, infants given the probiotic combination, Bifidobacterium longum subsp. longum (KABP™-042) and Pediococcus pentosaceus (KABP™-041) included in HMF Baby Drops, demonstrated an increase in gut microbiome diversity, in addition to exhibiting a 69% reduction in crying time.4 The combination of probiotics in HMF Baby Drops has been found effective in helping benefit colic symptoms for both breastfed and formula-fed infants.5Floradapt™ and KABP™ are trademarks of Kaneka Corporation.
1. Koppen IJN, Nurko S, Saps M, Lorenzo C Di, Marc A (2017) The pediatric Rome IV criteria: what’s new? Expert Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol 0: 1-9.
2. Kvitvaer BG, Miller J and Newell D, Improving our understanding of the colicky infant: a prospective observational study. J Clin Nurs 21:63–9, (2012).
3. Dubois, N. E. & Gregory, K. E. Characterizing the Intestinal Microbiome in Infantile Colic: Findings Based on an Integrative Review of the Literature. Biological Research for Nursing 18, 307–315 (2015).
4. Tintore M and Jordi C. Probiotic treatment with AB-Kolicare causes changes in the microbiota which correlate with a reduction in crying time. Int J PharmBio Sci. 2017;(1): 281-288.
5. Santas J, Fuentes MC, Tormo R, Guayta-Escolies R, Lázaro E (2015) Pediococcus pentosaceus CECT 8330 and bifidobacterium longum CECT 7894 show a trend towards lowering infantile excessive crying syndrome in a pilot clinical trial. Int J Pharma Bio Sci 6: 458-466.
EACH SERVING (5 DROPS (0.25)) CONTAINS: Bifidobacterium longum subsp. longum (KABPTM-042) ........... 0.5 billion CFU Pediococcus pentosaceus (KABPTM-041) .... 0.5 billion CFU Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Sunflower oil, maltodextrin, silicon dioxide, vitamin E, trehalose, D-mannitol, dextrose, sodium ascorbate, sodium citrate, L-cysteine
Recommended Dose: Infants and Toddlers (1 to 36 months old): Take at least 2-3 hours before or after antibiotics. Instructions for adults: Shake well before use. Drop 5 drops (0.25 mL) into the milk bottle or in a (10 to 15 mL) beverage of your childâ€™s choice and let him/her drink it once daily.
Recommended Use: Helps support gast rointestinal health.Helps reduce total crying time and duration of crying episodes in infants with colic by providing gut comfort and colic symptom relief. Helps improve colic symptoms relief in infants such as crying, fussing, or irritability. Could promote a favorable gut flora. Risk Information: Do not use this product if your child has an immune-compromised condition. Consult your healthcare practitioner prior to use if your child has fever, vomiting, bloody diarrhoea or severe abdominal pain. Stop use and consult your healthcare practitioner if symptoms of digestive upset occur, worsen or persists beyond 3 days.