Supports intestinal health in adults and children
• Provides live microorganisms that temporarily modify gut flora
• Provides 20 billion CFU per daily dose from: Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-60), Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-21), Bifidobacterium bifidum (CUL-20), Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis (CUL-34)
HMF Forte is a combination of four strains of proprietary human-sourced probiotics that help promote gastrointestinal health in adults and children. Supplementation with large numbers of a combination of microorganisms will help maximize intestinal colonization, promoting the growth of beneficial bacteria.1 In a randomized, placebo-controlled trial involving 22 adults, daily supplementation with a probiotic containing Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-60 and CUL-21) stimulated the restoration of microflora after it was altered by antibiotics.2 Likewise, research also demonstrates that a probiotic supplement containing CUL-21 can significantly colonize the gut of healthy adults.3 Lactobacilli and Bifidobacteria are the most commonly used probiotics, and are safe for both adults and children.4 They successfully colonize the intestines, increase the release of antimicrobial peptides from host cells, and decrease the proliferation of pathogens.4 Probiotics also control the permeability of epithelial cells by mediating tight junction formation, and prevent pathogenic adherence to cells by increasing mucin release on the intestinal surface.4
1. Allen, SJ, Wareham, K, Bradley, C, Harris, W, Dhar, A, Brown, H, Foden, A, Cheung, WY, Gravenor, MB, Plummer, S, Phillips, CJ, Mack, D. BMC Infectious Diseases. 2012; 12: 108.
2. Madden, JAJ, Plummer, SF, Tang, J, Garaiova, I, Plummer, NT, Herbison, M, Hunter, JO, Shimada, T, Cheng, L, Shirakawa, T. International Immunopharmacology. 2005; 5: 1091-1097.
3. Mahenthiralingam, E, Marchbank, A, Drevinek, P, Garaiova, I, Plummer, S. BMC Microbiology. 2009; 9: 251.
4. Saulnier, N, Zocco, MA, Di Caro, S, Gasbarrini, G, Gasbarrini, A. Genes & Nutrition. 2006; 1(2): 107-116.
EACH CAPSULE CONTAINS: Probiotic Consortium .............10 billion CFU Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-60 & CUL-21) .................8 billion CFU Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis (CUL-34) & Bifidobacterium bifidum (CUL-20) ........................2 billion CFU Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Cellulose, fructooligosaccharides (FOS), hypromellose, silica, magnesium stearate
Recommended Dose: Adults, Adolescents and Children (6 years and older): Take 1 capsule 2 times daily with meals, at least 2 to 3 hours before or after taking antibiotics, or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner.
Risk Information: Do not use if you have an immune-compromised condition. Consult your healthcare practitioner prior to use if you have fever, vomiting, bloody diarrhoea or severe abdominal pain. Stop use and consult your healthcare practitioner if symptoms of digestive upset occur, worsen or persist beyond 3 days.