HMF Intensive 50
- Supports gastrointestinal health
- Provides 50 billion CFU per dose from a combination of four proprietary strains
- Formulated with acid-resistant and delayed-release capsules for targeted delivery to the intestines
- Convenient, once-daily capsule format
HMF® Intensive 50 is a shelf-stable probiotic formula that offers 50 billion CFU from a combination of four proprietary strains. These microorganisms have been used in a wide body of clinical research and constitute one of the most studied probiotic combinations worldwide.1-6 Research has demonstrated that these strains support healthy gut flora and promote gastrointestinal health.1-4 In addition, these human-sourced strains were selected based on their high quality and viability, strong epithelial adherence, and naturally high tolerance to stomach and bile acid.7 To further enhance probiotic survivability through the stomach, HMF® Intensive 50 is produced with delayed-release capsules. Each capsule is formulated with unique polymer properties that resist stomach acid and delay the release of probiotics after swallowing, allowing for complete, targeted release in the intestines and optimal probiotic activity.8
1. Madden JA, Plummer SF, Tang J, Garaiova I, Plummer NT, et al. Int Immunopharmacol. 2005 Jun; 5(6): 1091-7.
2. Plummer SF, Garaiova I, Sarvotham T, Cottrell SL, Le Scouiller S, et al. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2005 Jul; 26(1): 69-74.
3. Plummer S, Weaver MA, Harris JC, Dee P, Hunter J. Int Microbiol. 2004 Mar; 7(1): 59-62.
4. Williams EA, Stimpson J, Wang D, Plummer S, Garaiova I, et al. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2009 Jan; 29(1): 97-103.
5. Garaiova I, Muchová J, Nagyová Z, Wang D, Li JV, et al. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2015 Mar; 69(3): 373-9.
6. Allen SJ, Jordan S, Storey M, Thornton CA, Gravenor M, et al. J Nutr. 2010 Mar; 140(3): 483-8.
7. Seroyal. Data on file.
8. Amo, R. Capsugel®. (2014). DRcaps® Capsules Achieve Delayed Release Properties for Nutritional Ingredients in Human Clinical Study. [White Paper].
Medicinal Ingredients (per capsule):
Probiotic Consortium | 50 billion CFU
Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-60 & CUL-21) | 38 billion CFU
Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis (CUL-34) & Bifidobacterium bifidum (CUL-20) | 12 billion CFU
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Delayed-release capsule (hypromellose, gellan gum), cellulose, silica, magnesium stearate. Ingredients used to maintain viability of probiotics (dipotassium phosphate, monopotassium phosphate, trehalose, sucrose).
Adults, Adolescents and Children (6 years and older): Take 1 capsule daily with a meal, at least 2 to 3 hours before or after taking antibiotics, or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner.
Do not use this product if you have an immune-compromised condition. Consult your healthcare practitioner prior to use if you have fever, vomiting, bloody diarrhoea or severe abdominal pain. Stop use and consult your healthcare practitioner if symptoms of digestive upset occur, worsen or persist beyond 3 days. Keep out of the reach of children.