Promotes healthy sleep patterns
• Helps increase the total sleep time in people suffering from sleep restriction or altered sleep schedule (e.g. shift-work and jet lag)
• Helps reduce the time it takes to fall asleep in people with delayed sleep phase disorder
• Helps relieve the daytime fatigue associated with jet lag
• Helps re-set the body’s sleep-wake cycle
• Delicious natural spearmint flavour
Melatonin Spray provides melatonin to help reset the body’s sleep-wake cycle. Difficulty falling and staying asleep are two major symptoms of sleep dissatisfaction in Canada, which affects over 20% of Canadians.1 Research demonstrates that supplementation with melatonin significantly decreases the time required to fall asleep, increases total sleep time, and improves sleep quality when compared to placebo treatments.2 Supplementation with melatonin before sleeping can improve sleep quality and duration among shift workers, who often experience sleepiness and/or judgment errors during work, leading to poor job performance.3 Melatonin intake at local sleep times can also advance the sleep-wake cycle to decrease fatigue associated with jet lag.3 Melatonin levels significantly decrease with age, which may contribute, in part, to sleep dissatisfaction among older individuals.4
1. Morin, C. Insomnia Rounds. 2012; 1(1): 1-6.
2. Ferracioli-Oda, E, Qawasmi, A, Bloch, MH. PLoS ONE. 2013; 8(5): e63773.
3. Lu, BS, Kwon, J, Zee, PC. (2012). In M.S. Badr (Ed.), Essentials of Sleep Medicine (pp. 277-296). New York: Humana Press.
4. Claustrat, B, Brun, J, Chazot, G. Sleep Medicine Reviews. 2005; 9: 11–24.
EACH SPRAY (0.15 mL) CONTAINS: Melatonin ............... 1 mg Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Purified water, glycerin, ethanol, xylitol, natural spearmint flavour, citric acid, potassium sorbate, rebaudioside A (stevia leaf extract)
Recommended Adult Dose:Take 3 sprays orally, once daily, at or before bedtime, or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner. Consult your healthcare practitioner for use beyond 4 weeks.
Risk Information: Do not use this product if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Do not drive or use machinery for 5 hours after taking melatonin. Avoid taking with alcohol or products that cause drowsiness. Consult your healthcare practitioner prior to use if you are taking medications for seizure, blood pressure, to suppress the immune system, to affect mental state or increase sedation, steroids or blood thinners, or have cardiovascular, immune, liver or chronic kidney disease, hormonal or seizure disorders, asthma, depression, diabetes, low blood sugar, or migraine. Consult your healthcare practitioner if sleeplessness persists for more than 4 weeks. Stop use if allergy occurs or if you experience headache, confusion, or nausea.