TPIN (pineal )
Vitamin B6 in its active form
• Helps in tissue formation
• Helps the body metabolize carbohydrates, fats and proteins
• Helps to prevent vitamin B6 deficiency
• Provides 20 mg of vitamin B6 per daily dose
TPIN is a source of vitamin B6 in the form of pyridoxal-5-phosphate (PLP). As the most biologically active form of the vitamin, PLP helps to catalyze over 140 reactions.1 Vitamin B6 participates in nearly all metabolic reactions involving amino acids, including their synthesis and breakdown.1 Approximately 70-80% of vitamin B6 is present in muscle, where it acts as a coenzyme for glycogen phosphorylase.1 This enzyme is necessary for glycogenolysis, which breaks down glycogen into glucose and provides fuel to muscle during exercise.1 Low levels of vitamin B6 also lead to increased synovial fluid between joints, which results in nerve compression.2 Eleuthero root is a thorny shrub native to Siberia and northern parts of China, and its beneficial health effects arise from the high levels of lignans in its roots.3 TPIN also contains an extract from Ginkgo biloba, an ancient plant traditionally used in Chinese medicine.4 Ginkgo contains flavonoids, terpenoids and proanthocyanidins, which are responsible for its positive health effects.4
1. Mooney, S, Leuendorf, JE, Hendrickson, C, Hellmann, H. Molecules. 2009; 14: 329-351.
2. Combs, GF. (2012). In The Vitamins (4th ed., pp. 309-323). Elsevier.
3. Murthy, HN, Kim, YS, Georgiev, MI, Paek, KY. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2014; 98: 7319-7329.
4. Brondino, N, De Silvestri, A, Re, S, Lanati, N, Thiemann, P, Verna, A, Emanuele, E, Politi, P. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2013; 2013: 915691.
EACH CAPSULE CONTAINS: Porcine Brain .............................. 300 mg Eleuthero Root Extract (Eleutherococcus senticosus) (1 0:1) ......................................100 mg Ginkgo Leaf Std. Extract (50:1) .................. .1 0 mg (24% Flavone Glycosides, 6% Terpene Lactones/500 mg Dried Equivalent/Vitamin B6/ ............................10 mg Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Hypromellose, cellulose, magnesium stearate, magnesium silicate
Recommended Adult Dose: Take 1 capsule 2 times daily or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner. Consult your healthcare practitioner for use beyond 1 month.
Risk Information:Do not use if you have high blood pressure. Do not use if you ar e taking health products that aect blood coagulation,as this may increase the risk of spontaneous bleeding. Consult your healthcare practitioner prior to use if you ar e pregnant or breastfeeding, are taking medications for diabetes, high blood pressure or seizures, or have any type of acute infection. Consult your healthcare practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen.