Webinar recording: Diminished Brain Resiliency Syndrome (DBRS): Addressing A New Normal?, April 12, 2023 (please scroll down to access the recording)
Wednesday, April 12, 2023
Our current health environment, including environmental toxicant exposure, major changes in our food supply and lifestyle practices, all combine to profoundly reduce the bioavailability of neuro-critical nutrients such that the normal processes of homeostatic balance and resilience are no longer functional. Their diminished capacity triggers physiological and biochemical –˜work around' processes that result in undesirable downstream consequences.
This session will briefly introduce the underlying neuropathology of DRS including brain fog, persistent cognitive deficit, impairment of executive functioning and working memory and the similarities in pathophysiology between chronic sequelae of COVID infections and neuroinflammation associated with age related cognitive decline, stroke, and traumatic brain injury. Present clinical approaches that incorporate strategies that address immune, metabolic, and vascular issues associated with clinical symptoms.Topics to be discussed:
- Neural-immune interactions and cognitive function
- Systemic Inflammation as a driver of neural inflammation and dysregulations
- Stress Chemistry and CNS Inflammation
- Gut Brain axis - Microbiota influence on the CNS
- Blood brain barrier - Endothelial Dysfunction and the CNS
- The role of the endocannabinoid system in regulating CNS inflammation
Please log in to access the recording; the recording is available until May 19, 2023.