Cal Mag Liquid 2 - Fruit Punch
Delicious fruit punch-flavoured liquid calcium/magnesium supplement
• Provides 600 mg of calcium and 300 mg of magnesium per tablespoon
• Helps to maintain proper muscle function and nutrient metabolism
• Adequate calcium as part of a healthy diet, along with physical activity, may reduce the risk of developing osteoporosis
• Increased bottle size –“ now 450mL per bottle (30 x 15mL servings)
• New Health Canada-approved claims:
º For the relief of heartburn, indigestion and upset stomach associated with excess stomach acid
º Neutralizes excess stomach acid
Cal Mag Liquid is a great-tasting calcium-magnesium supplement that supports bone health, maintains normal Cal Mag Liquid 2 is a great-tasting calcium-magnesium supplement that supports bone health, maintains normal muscle function and neutralizes excess stomach acid. Calcium's role in bone health is well-documented, and adequate calcium as part of a healthy diet, along with physical activity, may reduce the risk of developing osteoporosis. Magnesium also supports several key components of bone maintenance, improving bone mineralization by enhancing osteoblast and reducing osteoclast activity.1 In individuals with low magnesium status, magnesium intake improves bone mineralization during skeletal development, which could help maintain bone health later in life.1 Magnesium also helps to maintain proper muscle function, including the heart muscle, as well as normal electrolyte balance and the body's ability to metabolize nutrients. Cal Mag Liquid 2 provides calcium and magnesium in the form of calcium carbonate and magnesium hydroxide, which neutralize stomach pH as antacids.2 Specifically, they are used for the relief of heartburn, indigestion and upset stomach associated with excess stomach acid.3
1. Castiglioni S, Cazzaniga A, Albisetti W, Maier JAM. Nutrients. 2013; 5: 3022-3033.
2. Maton, PN, Burton, ME. Drugs. 1999; 57(6): 855-70.
3. Health Canada. (2009). Antacid Labelling Standard. Retrieved from https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/hc-sc/migration/hc-sc/dhp-mps/alt_formats/hpfb-dgpsa/pdf/prodpharma/antacid_antiacid-eng.pdf
EACH TABLESPOON (15 mL) CONTAINS: Calcium (calcium carbonate) ...............600 mg Magnesium (magnesium hydroxide) .........300 mg Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Purified water, glycerin, natural fruit punch flavour, xanthan gum, stevia leaf extract (rebaudioside A)
Recommended Dose: Mineral supplement: Adults, Adolescents and Children (9 years and older), take 1 tablespoon daily with a meal, a few hours before or after taking other medication or natural health products, or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner. Antacid: Adults, take 1 tablespoon. Do not take within 2 hours of another medicine because the effectiveness of the other medicine may be altered.
Risk Information: Antacid: Do not take for more than 2 weeks, or if symptoms recur, unless directed by your healthcare practitioner. Individuals with kidney disease should not take this product except on the advice of a healthcare practitioner.