HMF Baby F
- Provides 10 billion CFU per dose
- Helps support gastrointestinal health and promote a favourable gut flora
- Contains fructooligosaccharides (FOS) and transgalactooligosaccharides (GOS)
- Powder format dissolves easily in milk, formula, or water
HMF® Baby F is a probiotic supplement specifically designed for formula-fed babies. It provides a clinically researched probiotic combination containing Ligilactobacillus salivarius, Lacticaseibacillus paracasei and two strains of Bifidobacteria.1,2 HMF® Baby F also contains fructooligosaccharides (FOS) and transgalactooligosaccharides (GOS), a fibre similar to the oligosaccharides that occur naturally in breast milk.3 As a child's microbial composition and diversity may resemble that of an adult by age 2-5, the first few years of life can be an especially important time for supplementation aimed at supporting the microbiota.4 Research suggests that combining infant formula with probiotics can help promote a microbial composition similar to that of breast-fed infants.5 HMF® Baby F promotes a favourable gut flora and supports gastrointestinal health, and is available in a convenient powder formula that dissolves easily in milk, formula, or water.
1. Allen SJ, Jordan S, Storey M, Thornton CA, Gravenor M, et al. J Nutr. 2010 Mar;140(3):483-8.
2. Allen SJ, Jordan S, Storey M, Thornton CA, Gravenor MB, et al. Arch Dis Child. 2014 Nov;99(11):1014-9.
3. Jeurink PV, van Esch BC, Rijnierse A, Garssen J, Knippels LM. Am J Clin Nutr. 2013 Aug;98(2):572S-7S.
4. RodrÃguez JM, Murphy K, Stanton C, Ross RP, Kober OI, et al. Microb Ecol Health Dis. 2015 Feb 2;26:26050.
Medicinal Ingredients [per scoop (1.1 g)]:
Probiotic Consortium | 10 billion CFU
Ligilactobacillus salivarius (CUL-61) | 6.25 billion CFU
Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis (CUL-34) & Bifidobacterium bifidum (CUL-20) | 2.5 billion CFU
Lacticaseibacillus paracasei (CUL-08) | 1.25 billion CFU
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Transgalactooligosaccharides (GOS), fructooligosaccharides (FOS). Ingredients used to maintain viability of probiotics (dipotassium phosphate, monopotassium phosphate, trehalose, sucrose, sodium chloride, maltodextrin).
Children (1-4 years): In a glass, add water or milk to 1 scoop of HMF Baby F and mix. Take once daily with a meal, at least 2 to 3 hours before or after taking antibiotics, or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner.
Do not use this product if your child has an immune-compromised condition. Consult your healthcare practitioner prior to use if your child has fever, vomiting, bloody diarrhoea or severe abdominal pain. Stop use and consult your healthcare practitioner if symptoms of digestive upset occur, worsen, or persist beyond 3 days. Keep out of the reach of children.