HMF Fit for School (shelf-stable)
- Provides 12.5 billion CFU per dose from a combination of four proprietary human strain probiotics, plus vitamins C and D
- Helps to reduce incidence of upper respiratory tract infection (URTI) symptoms
- Supports immune health, gastrointestinal health, and healthy bone development
- Once-daily chewable tablets with a delicious natural strawberry-vanilla flavour
- No refrigeration necessary
- Potency guaranteed through expiration
HMF® Fit for School (shelf-stable) includes a combination of research-driven human strain probiotics with vitamins C and D3 to support gastrointestinal health and help reduce the incidence of URTI (upper respiratory tract infection) symptoms in children. Research utilizing the probiotic strains included in HMF® Fit for School's formula (Lactobacillus acidophilus CUL-21 and CUL-60, Bifidobacterium bifidum CUL-20 and Bifidobacterum animalis subsp. lactis CUL-34) plus 50 mg of vitamin C demonstrated a significant decrease in the incidence of URTI, the number of days with URTI symptoms, incidence of sore throat and cough, duration of sore throats, school absenteeism, and a lower rate of antibiotic use in the probiotic group when compared to placebo.1,2 HMF® Fit for School (shelf-stable) also includes 25 mcg (1,000 IU) of vitamin D3 per chewable tablet. Vitamin D is well-recognized for its beneficial effects on bone health and and is critical for proper bone development in children and adolescents.3 Vitamin D also supports immune health, providing immune support through a variety of mechanisms.4,5 This convenient shelf-stable chewable tablet has guaranteed potency through expiration and a delicious, natural strawberry-vanilla flavour.
1. Garaiova I, MuchovÃ¡ J, NagyovÃ¡ Z, Wang D, Li JV, OrszÃ¡ghovÃ¡ Z et al. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2014 Sep;69(3):373-9 2. Garaiova I, PaduchovÃ¡ Z, NagyovÃ¡ Z, Wang D, Michael DR, Plummer SF et al. Benef Microbes. 2021 Oct;12(5):431-40. 3. Saggese G, Vierucci F, Boot AM, Czech-Kowalska J, Weber G, Camargo CA Jr, et al. Eur J Pediatr. 2015 May;174(5):565-76. 4. Rolf L, Muris AH, Hupperts R, Damoiseaux J. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2014 May;1317:84–“91. 5. Di Filippo P, Scaparrotta A, Rapino D, Cingolani A, Attanasi M, Petrosino MI, et al. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2015;166(2):91-6.
EACH TABLET CONTAINS:
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) ..................................... 50 mg
Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) ........................ . 25mcg (1000 IU)
Probiotic Consortium.............................. 12.5 billion CFU
Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-60 & CUL-21) .......... . 10 billion CFU
Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis (CUL-34) & Bifidobacterium bifidum (CUL-20) .............. 2.5 billion CFU
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Xylitol, fructooligosaccharides(FOS), natural flavours (strawberry,vanilla), carboxymethylcellulose sodium, magnesium stearate, silica. Ingredients used to maintain viability of probiotics (dipotassium phosphate, monopotassium phosphate,trehalose,sucrose).
Adolescents and Children (4 years and older): Chew 1 tablet daily or as recommended by your health professional.
If you have an immune-compromised condition, do not use. If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use. If symptoms of digestive upset occur, stop useand consultyour health professiona