HMF Forte (shelf-stable)
- Provides 20 billion CFU per daily dose
- Contributes to a natural healthy gut flora
- Contains fructooligosaccharides (FOS)
- No refrigeration necessary
- Potency guaranteed through expiration
HMF® Forte is a combination of four human strains of proprietary probiotics that help promote daily gastrointestinal health in adults and children. Included in this blend are two strains of Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-60 & CUL-21), Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis (CUL-34) and Bifidobacterium bifidum (CUL-20) to promote colonization in both the small and large intestines.1 These proprietary strains were selected based on their high quality, viability, strong epithelial adherence and naturally high tolerance to stomach acid.2 They have also been evaluated for their effectiveness in clinical trials and are some of the most studied probiotic cultures in the world.3-8 In a double-blind, placebo-controlled study involving 138 adults, supplementation with the probiotic combination contained in HMF® Forte was found to reduce the incidence of C. difficile-associated diarrhoea in adults taking antibiotics.7 In addition to this research-driven probiotic blend, HMF® Forte also provides fructooligosaccharides (FOS), a prebiotic fibre to support the growth of beneficial bacteria in the intestines. This convenient shelf-stable format has guaranteed potency at expiry and may improve patient compliance.
1. Govender M, Choonara YE, Kumar P, du Toit LC, van Vuuren S, Pillay V. AAPS PharmSciTech. 2014 Feb;15(1):29-43.
2. Seroyal. Data on file.
3. Madden JA, Plummer SF, Tang J, Garaiova I, Plummer NT, Herbison M, et al. Int Immunopharmacol. 2005 Jun;5(6):1091-7.
4. Plummer SF, Garaiova I, Sarvotham T, Cottrell SL, Le Scouiller S, Weaver MA, et al. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2005 Jul;26(1):69-74.
5. Williams EA, Stimpson J, Wang D, Plummer S, Garaiova I, Barker ME, et al. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2009 Jan;29(1):97-103.
6. Garaiova I, Muchová J, Nagyová, Z, Wang D, Li JV, Országhová Z, et al. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2015 Mar; 69(3):373-9.
7. Plummer S, Weaver MA, Harris JC, Dee P, Hunter J. Int Microbiol. 2004 Mar;7(1):59-62.
8. Allen SJ, Jordan S, Storey M, Thornton CA, Gravenor M, Garaiova I, et al. J Nutr. 2010 Mar;140(3):483-8.
EACH CAPSULE CONTAINS: Probiotic Consortium ................................ . 10 billion CFU Lactobacillus acidophilus(CUL-60 & CUL-21).............. . 8 billion CFU Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis (CUL-34) & Bifidobacterium bifidum (CUL-20) ................... . 2 billion CFU Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Fructooligosaccharides (FOS), hypromellose,cellulose, silica, sunower lecithin. Ingredients used to maintain viability of probiotics (dipotassium phosphate,monopotassium phosphate, trehalose,sucrose).
Recommended Dose: Adults, Adolescents and Children (6 years and older): Take 2 capsules daily with a meal, at least 2 to 3 hours before or after taking antibiotics, oras recommended byyour healthcare practitioner
Risk Information: Do not use this product if you have an immune-compromised condition. Consult your healthcare practitioner prior to use if you have fever, vomiting, bloody diarrhoea or severe abdominal pain. Stop use and consult your healthcare practitioner if symptoms of digestive upset occur, worsen or persist beyond 3 days.